Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Some creativity...

So I'm making some progress around here! Not enough to brag about or anything, but I'm putting in some effort. I've painted lots of furniture, and you know how long that takes (with 4 kids)-- first sanding, priming, painting, repainting. maybe some retouching... I'll share some pictures of the furniture in a latter post.

For now I thought I'd share some pics of the smaller, fun projects. Like these cute frames adorned with sand dollars and a starfish. The frames were .25 at the thrift store. I used a little bottle of robin's egg blue acrylic paint, $2.00 or so. I also got the shells for $1.50 at the thrift store. I think it's a fun little project, though my silly husband laughed at me when he saw it. He said, "How are you supposed to see the picture in the frame now?" He's funny, I love his silly sarcasm. I'll have to give him some learning on the subject of Coastal Chic Decor!

Thanks to Trash2Treasure for the idea!



I pulled this old window out of my shed. I bought it years ago for $7. It's been collecting dust in the shed, just waiting for me to do something special with it. I sprayed it white (it was red, which I'm trying to get away from). I made the wreath after a beach trip a couple of years ago. That was the last time I had some sand in my toes. :-( Anyhow, I thought the window and the wreath were made for one another. It's pretty cute, ain't it?



I didn't craft this one, I cheated. I bought it on clearance at Pier1 for $10. OK, I'm lying. I bought 2 of them. But I can't stand it, I'm having a love affair with Capiz shells. LOVE them!



And do you remember my little Freecycle chair?



She was FREE! You gotta love that! I bought some cheap fabric from Wal Mart and reupholstered her for about $12. I painted the wood white. I don't *love* the fabric, but it'll do. I'll throw some pretty frilly pillows on her, maybe a feedsack or burlap pillow, and she'll be a dollbaby.



Now I'm working on making a painting for my living room, doing some whitewashing on bedroom furniture, painting my living room and bedroom, and making slipcovers for my dining room chairs. Oh, and I'm trying my hand at making some bubble roman shades, like these. Fingers crossed they come out nice, I've never done window treatments and I can't find a tutorial on the web that speaks my lingity dingity...



That's all I've got for now, Friends. Thanks for visiting & thanks for inspiring me!

~*Steph~*

No comments:

Post a Comment